Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Dreaming of a White Christmas

I can't believe that Christmas is already upon us! The months have flown by since school started. Maybe it's just one of those things that start to happen when you get old. I remember when I was younger, it seemed like a week would last FOREVER! I'm excited for Christmas this year. . .though that's not saying much because I'm excited for Christmas every year. This year I'm headed to Puerto Rico to spend the holidays with my brother and his family. Yes I know, but I'm sure you wouldn't fit in my bag! I can't wait to come home with a tan after lying on the beach for two weeks! It should be fun, though I'm wondering what it will be like to have Christmas in a tropical paradise. I don't think I've ever had a Christmas without the snow/cold weather, well that I can remember at least. I keep worrying that it won't feel like Christmas, but I started thinking the other day that it's not really the snow that I love about Christmas. I love the way people treat each other during the Christmas season, and I don't think that you have to have snow to experience that. You don't even have to have presents (which is good because my one and only present this year is going to Puerto Rico!) All you really need is to remember the true meaning of Christmas, and that you can see everywhere.

1 comments:

alli said...

One year we went to California for Christmas. I missed the snow, but not enough not to wish that I was in a tropical paradise every year at about this time! Yes, I am slightly jealous, but I will let it slide if you bring back some tan to share with me! Have fun!